It is the mission of the Mississippi Association of Chiefs of Police to be a leader in promoting professionalism among all law enforcement officers of the State of Mississippi by encouraging quality education through proactive training and educational programs. We strive to endorse legislation which has positive effects on law enforcement’s ability to reduce crime and the fear of crime in the State of Mississippi.
We encourage the mutual sharing of resources and ideas among all law enforcement entities statewide by reinforcing open lines of communications and being the Vanguard for the future of professional law enforcement within the State of Mississippi. To forge a partnership between law enforcement and the citizens they serve to enhance the quality of life in every community within the State of Mississippi.
Purpose & Objectives
- To secure a closer official relationship among police officers throughout the state of Mississippi.
- To secure unity of action in all police matters.
- To select the proper personnel and fully utilize the training and educational facilities available throughout the state in order to better equip all police officers to meet modern-day law enforcement needs.
- To elevate the standard of police institutions and the police profession.
- To pursue humane efforts in the enforcement of laws.
- To encourage the advancement of perfection of a uniform police system with the state of Mississippi.
- To encourage membership and affiliation of members of this body within the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Executive Board 2019-2020
President: Chief Luke Thompson-Byram Police Department
First Vice President: Chief R. Frank Nichols- Starkville Police Department
Second Vice President: Chief John Neal- Ridgeland Police Department
Northern Vice President: Chief Steve Holts- Senatobia Police Department
Central Vice President: Chief Ron Sampson- Yazoo City Police Department
Southern Vice President: Chief Leonard Papania- Gulfport Police Department
Northern Executive Board:
Chief Dwight Harris- Holly Springs Police Department
Chief Randy Tutor- Pontotoc Police Department
Central Executive Board:
Chief Terry Tyler- Drew Police Department
Chief Will Jones- Forest Police Department
Southern Executive Board
Chief Wayne Payne- D’Iberville Police Department
Chief Ray Reynolds- Magnolia Police Department
Northern Sgt-At-Arms: Chief Undra Todd- Coldwater Police Department
Central Sgt-At-Arms: Chief Edrick Hall- Indianola Police Department
Southern Sgt-At-Arms: Chief Gavin Guy- Petal School District Police Department
Chaplain: Chief Joseph Daughtry, Sr- Pelahatchie Police Department
SACOP Representative: TBA
Executive Director/Parliamentarian- Ken Winter